Let’s start very basic… What are essential oils? Essential oils are the most powerful part of our plants. That’s right, you can find them right outside your front door. They are distilled from flowers, trees, roots, and more. Have you ever heard of somebody planting Lemongrass or Citronella around their porch to keep the mosquitoes away? The aroma from these plants have that power. Lemongrass and Citronella are also two of Young Living Essential Oils that will do the same!
Humans can use essential oils to provide support for every system in their body! Your skeletal system, your muscular system, your circulatory system, your endocrine system, your respiratory system… Do you get the point? Ha.
Can you think of a way that you may be lacking some wellness in your life right now? Maybe you ate too much for dinner, maybe you are so stressed that you cannot sleep, maybe you haven’t slept well your whole life because you snore at night… Did I get an amen from anyone? Essential oils are used for physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental support. Some regular ways that I use essential oils are: To calm my cramping uterus during my monthly cycle with an oil called Dragon Time; to tame the toddler tantrum in my son with Valor; to support my brain while studying for exams and while taking exams with a personal blend of Rosemary, Vetiver, Cedarwood, and Lavender; and to de-stress when going into or out of a CRAZY day with Stress Away.
There are three main ways to get oils into your system. Can you guess what they are!?
1. Topically. This way originated with the English. All you do is rub it on to your skin. As we know, the skin is the largest organ in our body, so anything that we put onto our skin is going to be absorbed. I would say that I gravitate toward this method most for it’s accessibility. I will either create my own 10 ml roller ball of a Young Living Essential Oil (so that I will not use them as quickly and because the 10 ml are smaller to fit in my purse), or I will put a drop of the Young Living Essential Oil neat onto my skin.
2. Inhalation. This way originated with the German. This can be carried out with a diffuser or just by putting an oil bottle up to your nose. Do you ever wonder why you’re able to relax so easily when you’re outside? Think about all of the different oils you must be smelling. Pine specifically is great for relaxation and emotional support. When using a diffuser, you fill it up with water (the amount is specific to your diffuser), then add a few drops of your favorite oils (I typically do about 6-8 drops total) and start diffusing! Diffusers are great for making yummy-smelling blends that support your immune system!
3. Ingestion. This way originated with the French. Did you know that you can actually cook with essential oils? Any oils that are labeled as “Vitality” with Young Living are available for consumption. Two of my favorites are Lemon and Peppermint. Lemon is so GREAT for Kidney support. And Peppermint is great at giving you a boost right before a workout. A few drops in your daily water tastes great! Another popular oil for ingestion is Grapefruit Vitality. This oil is known for helping people with weight management. I have never actually cooked with oils but I am hoping that I can get Meagan using them in her recipes soon ;)
So why do I choose Young Living? Young Living oils are considered Grade A oils. Grade A is the only true pure oil. This means that there are no additives, pesticides, chemical extenders, carrier oils, etc. that may be found in other kinds of essential oils. Grade A is therapeutic grade.
This is so important to me because of my personal experience with harsh chemicals on my body. Two years ago you wouldn’t have recognized me from my pictures because I weighed about 50 pounds heavier. You might not even recognize me from my personality… I was very lethargic and sleepy. The reason is because I took a medication for three years (for my Epilepsy) that had side effects that I was unaware of. This medication had side effects of making people gain weight, being very lethargic or sleepy, having a lowered metabolism, slow mentation, the list goes on. I had them all and it was terrible, you all. Since then, I have found incredible information about what we put into our body’s daily. This has helped me become very cautious about what I put into my own body. Knowledge is power after all! Young Living is a company that I feel that I can trust. In my experience, their products are truly therapeutic. They assist me with my daily aches and pains without disrupting my hormones, introducing new carcinogens, or any extra harsh chemicals.
These essential oils have blessed my life, however, I do have to give you this disclaimer that they are not intended to diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. You all… I have Epilepsy… and yes I use essential oils, but they do not cure my Epilepsy.
This is such a cheesy analogy but so perfect at the same time. You can think of them like a Nurse. We do not diagnose, we do not cure, we do not prevent, we just help maintain and support the wellness of our patients. Y’all got it? Wow, that was so perfect.
Anyway, for those of you who are interested in Young Living Essential Oils for supporting your wellness, or maybe for just finding a nontoxic alternative to your IcyHot, the link to sign up is below! This Kit is the only thing with Young Living that is 50% off. I hope that this Premium Starter Kit will bless your wellness journey as much as it has me! When you sign up you will get a Premium Starter Kit that contains the following:
1. 11 (5ml) oils- Lavender, Peppermint Vitality, Lemon Vitality, Frankincense, Raven, Copaiba Vitality, Citrus Fresh, PanAway, Thieves Vitality, DiGize Vitality, and Stress Away! Blog post coming to go through these bad boys!
2. Ningxia Red Samples- I’m just gonna have to write a whole blog post on Ningxia Red too because this stuff is the real deal. This is a supplement drink that supports energy levels, normal cellular function, and whole body health!
3. Thieves Cleaner Sample- An incredible option for those of your who are trying to replace harmful chemicals in your home with more powerful, natural alternatives. You can use this cleaner on almost EVERYTHING.
4. Your choice of Diffuser- Young Living has MEDICAL GRADE diffusers. This means that the molecules of the oils will be dispersed evenly in the air while the diffuser is running. In comparison to one you might buy off of Amazon, where you’ll get a BIG amount of molecules in the beginning then a small amount there after.